I do not miss work. When we discussed and eventually decided for me to take this time off, I thought I would miss the adult interaction, the fulfillment that came from launching a major project, the ego boost I used to get with each promotion, bonus, new office. I don't. I don't miss the stress. I do not yearn for a constant obsession and striving over the balance in time to ensure that my child and now children feel that they are my first priority. I do not have any desire to live through another child's first day at daycare as a baby.
So I am presented with this dilemma: The money ends in March. Our current financial situation affords much flexibility and freedom to do what we want, travel when we want, etc., and neither of us want that to end. Yet, I know I cannot return to a full-time corporate work climate after this experience. What to do...what to do? My mind is full of options, all interesting ones, and yet I can't seem to focus on starting any one of them.
(And, can you blame me? I mean, look at those faces.)


1 comment:
What do you mean, "The money ends in March?" Send me a message...
I know that you will make the right decision for you and your family!!!
Post a Comment