Charlotte is not into snuggling. She does like to wiggle...and climb...and hang upside down. Future gymnast, perhaps?
I miss the snuggly baby. At this age, Alex was routinely spending a good portion of every night sleeping in our bed with one or both of us. And looking back, as much as I hate to admit it, it was really nice. We didn't plan to be co-sleepers; we fell into it when the need to function during the day collided with a non-sleeping 9-month old who was prone to nasty ear infections and bouts of screaming at 2:00 am.
There were more than our share of nights kept awake while my soundly-sleeping son had the jimmy legs. There was that fun night when his diaper leaked and I woke up pee-soaked. And I spent more than a few minutes worrying about whether he would ever figure out how to sleep on his own through the night. All that said, I miss the feeling of that soundly sleeping baby breathing on my face. I miss being slightly cramped in our bed. I miss being woken by a cherubic baby face looking at me.
Charlotte, in contrast, has not spent an hour in our bed. She is our marathon crib sleeper, with only a few sleep disruptions due to teething or the errant cold. I am loathe to mess with that (she sleeps 13-14 hours a night, usually uninterrupted afterall). She is the baby who was born to sleep. It's wonderful.
But still, I miss the snuggly baby.




No comments:
Post a Comment