Jan 7, 2011

Moving Moving Moving

First, it has to be said, I am writing this from the comfort of my family room sofa while wearing Bose Noise Canceling headphones, a recent husband purchase. And, while they are technically his, I do get to borrow them from time to time. Like when I've spent two hours in the car with Alex, who lately has achieved the stream-of-consciousness-talking-never-stops phase. Seriously, he talked for the entire drive today about jellyfish and octopi and DID NOT STOP. I had no idea there was so much to say about mushy sea creatures.

So, whenever my shoulders start to look like they're attached to my earlobes (or I'm editing video and Skip is tired of listening to whatever background track I've selected), out come the headphones. Every parent should have a pair of these. They should give them to you in the hospital along with the take home bag of chucks, extra diapers, the sitz bath and those green jelly pacifiers. Ten minutes wearing these things is completely restorative. Maybe not as relaxing as a full body massage and facial, but really really nice.

I'm watching my children play right now. And it is nearly silent. Collective cleansing breath, everyone.

Charlotte turned ten months old this week. And she is a ball of energy. The child is not into sitting still for any longer than it takes to put another one of Alex's toys in her mouth. And that would be okay, if his toys weren't all choking hazards. She has figured out how to pull herself up to standing, and is starting to take tiny assisted steps. It's hilarious to watch her goofy little body try to figure out how to be bipedal.

The other day we were hanging out together in her room and I happened to have my good camera upstairs so captured some stills of her moving about. Some are out of focus but I kept them in anyway. This was fun to put together. My little wobbly-kneed 10-month old.

Moving Baby from Carrie Hill on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

so cute!!!!!!