Dec 11, 2009

Maine Winter Weekend

So, Alex's World would aptly be retitled the many travels of Alexander lately, as all I seem to update on are trips we take. I assure you all that we do actually sleep in our house from time to time. 2009 has been one of those blessed years in the travel department, which is nice since I'm anticipating very little of that in 2010.

Last weekend, we spent a few days in Portland, Maine. Skip had business there so Alex and I flew up together Thursday evening to meet him and we stayed through the weekend enjoying the beautiful scenery, picturesque towns, great food, shopping and holiday cheer. On Saturday night we took Alex on the Polar Express at the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad - what a great way to kick off the season! He's still talking about it (although much of his discussion focuses on the inaccuracies of the experience compared to the movie, which he has seen once). Fun nonetheless.
























No comments: